H16 BL2, new brushless fuel pump and improved compressor
List price € 2329,- excl. 21%VAT
H16 User Guide: Downloads
H16 Engine Deck (simulator): Downloads
|> H16BL2 parameters at 1013hPa and 15°C|
|Max. thrust @ 122 000 RPM||18 kg|
|Idle thrust @ 36 000RPM||~0,7 kg|
|Turbine Inlet Temperature @ 122k||~ 900°C (parameter measured by the ECU)|
|Exhaust Gas Temperature @ 122k||~ 680°C (parameter not measured by the ECU)|
|Fuel consumption @ max trust||~ 470 g/min|
|Specific fuel consumption||~ 0,0460 g/N/s|
|Engine weight||1610 g|
|Total lenght (including starter)||273 mm|
|Fuel||Jet A1 + 4-6% Mobile DTE Oil Light, Mogul TB 32 EP, MIL-L-23699|
|Power accu||LiPol 2s 7,4V|
|Control unit – ECU||Xicoy FADEC, telemetry can be connected|
|Fuel pump||HP-Tech (Häusl) Brushless|
|Service interval (at manufacturer)||50h|
- Engine H16BL2
- Engine mounts + stainless steel screews and washers
- FOD protecting screen + mounting o-rings
- Engine Control Unit Xicoy Fadec
- Hand Data Terminal Xicoy
- Fuel pump Hausl Brushless with Hybl Turbine controller software
- Fuel pump mount
- All necessary electronic cables
- Engine documents > User manual, Logbook, Test protocol
Why H16BL2 engine
Fuel costs savings
- H16BL2 engine has one of the lowest specific fuel consumption in its class.
- Thanks to optimized bearing cooling and lubrication system we allow to use the „Mogul TB32EP“ and „Mobil DTE Oil light“ mineral turbine oils. Their price is 4-5 times lower compared to synthetic turbine oils e.g. Aeroshell 560. Mineral oils are also much more environmentally friendly.
- Renowned HP Tech GmbH (Häusl) brushless fuel pump has practically unlimited life and by order of magnitude higher reliability compared to classical DC pumps. Thanks to integrated speed controller the fuel pump has very low sensitivity to battery voltage fluctuations and low sensitivity to used fuel type (Jet A1 / diesel) and its viscosity.
- Integral kevlar containment for improved safety in case of controls or turbine failure. (allways follow recommended safety instructions described in the H16 User manual)
- High efficiency and durable turbine wheel from virgin Inconel 713LC alloy. Part is 100% X-ray and FPI inspected.
- Our own NGV is a highly durable integral vacuum casting from Inconel 713LC alloy for high reliability and long life.
- All metal starter with customer easy accessible electric motor. Starter motor with ball bearings, NdFeB magnets and servicable brushes. Very low energy consumption and long life. (Note:Two legs support eliminate compressor wheel blades resonance.)
- Single Rotatable all-metal fuel inlet fitting for simple installation and higher fire resistance. It can be also customer replaced by any fitting with standard M5 thread.
- Robust and simple electric connection with only original heavy duty MPX connectors. (No fragile RJ connectors)
- Internal igniter made of silicon nitride has low consumption and long life
- Internaly mounted temperature probe. This probe measures Turbine Inlet Temperature (TIT) not Exhust Gas Temperature (EGT) as is common in most of the engines in the market. Note that TIT is approx 150-200°C higher than EGT at max speed, at idle the TIT and EGT are very similar. From a user point of view are both approaches equivalent.
- Engine casing with stop ring for secure mounting